Tuesday, September 8, 2009

September 7th: Los Angeles

September 7, 2009: Los Angeles, CA USA

Sean: After a few hours of sleep I woke up this morning at 3:30am. I hoped in the shower, grabbed my bag and then headed to the airport for the 4:00am airport transfer.

The airport was fairly empty. Mostly there were scattered groups of celebrating Mexicans catching their flight home after a weekend celebrating their futbol victory over Costa Rica. Having been to the airport a week ago with my brothers I knew exactly what to do and where to go. I paid my Costa Rica exit fee ($26), checked in, and made my way through security to wait at the gate for my 6:30 flight.

Because all of the airport shops were closed I plunked down in a chair and read my book until it was time to board. The flight was very uneventful. I think I fell asleep before takeoff. I woke briefly to eat the horribly disgusting airplane breakfast and then dozed off again.

I woke up just was we were landing in Houston. Passing through customs was a breeze and rechecking my bag took no time at all. By 11:40 I was back in an airplane terminal and waiting for my flight, which wasn’t taking off until 2:40. With three hours to kill I made a few phone calls to announce my return to the USA, grabbed some lunch, and cruised a few shops. The most interesting of was the Clyde Drexler Experience, a shop dedicated to the NBA star and all of Houston’s sports teams.

From there I sat and finished my book: Fire in the Turtle House. It was a very interesting read on the rapid decline of Sea Turtles populations and the sad state of the health of the Oceans.

By 2:00pm I was more than ready to get on my plane, out of Houston, and away from an airport named after a Bush. On the flight to LA I was surprised to find that my iPod headphones could plug into the airplane jack. Because of this I was able to watch the Proposal (it was the only movie they had playing!).

Back on the west coast Uncle Dave and Aidan greeted me at the airport. We made our way to Grandma and Grandpa’s house and I was officially all the way back from my Costa Rican adventure!

Well bloggers, its been an amazing journey! I enjoyed every minute of my month in the tropics and I can’t believe it went by so fast!

I plan on having one more post once I get a chance to go through the video from the trip and get it into presentable form.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. GOOO CLYDE DREXLER!!
    You've been talking about wanting to see "The Proposal" for weeks now... don't lie ;)
    Say hello to the family for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will miss the blog...maybe you should continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete